Ethical Considerations in Communication Research
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper highlighting the ethical considerations necessary in communication research. Take one of the hypothesis you developed this week and design a hypothetical study to test it. Be sure to address each of the following ethical implications that may occur as you design your study.
- Will participation be confidential or anonymous? What would you prefer if you were a participant of this study? Why?
- How might the wording of your questions asked by your study affect your research?
- What deception might be required by your study, and on what basis might you justify this deception?
- What are the potential risks for research participants for participating in your study?
- Answer preview
- Ethical consideration is very important when it comes to research consideration; it defines what is acceptable and what is not. They are rules that say what is right and what is wrong. Ethical norms are at times quite ubiquitous that they are referred as common sense. When it comes to communication research some things are very crucial and they have to be adhered to if the research ought to flow as it is planned to and it also ensures that the privacy of the participants is keep…
- (800 words)