You will write a 1-2 page paper (size 12 Times New Roman font, double spaced, black ink) on the following question:
You MUST watch the Urbanization video lecture (located in the Resource’s Video Lectures for Quizzes folder on the class Isidore site). Additionally, you may use your class textbook as a resource (but start with the video lecture).
Why was urbanization a major problem? Show three reasons why cities became a problem in the 1800s. Also, explain how they solved these problems. Show three ways that the cities were improved over the century.
How to write:
1. You must write in an analytical and narrative form- intro, body, and conclusion.
2. You must not only answer the question, but explain in detail your answer. Your quiz must be at least 1 full page in length.
3. Proofread! Proofread! Proofread!
How to cite:
1. For all outside information, you MUST include citations for that information.
2. Go here for Chicago Manual of Style or MLA citation/footnoting: (http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html)
3. You may use the class lectures, textbook, and outside academic sources to back up your argument. Please consult the library for books and articles on the topic.
4. Do NOT use internet sources, encyclopedias, dictionaries, or book reviews. You may use academic sources on JSTOR or EbscoHost.
5. Here is how to cite the lectures:
1st time in text: (HST 103, Revolutions in the Atlantic World, Slide #/Title, Date(s) of Lecture).
2nd – 1000th time in text: (HST 103, Revolutions, slide #/abbreviated title).