A company can legally monitor what an employee does online. With this in mind, address EACH of the following questions.
- Which company individual(s) should be responsible for monitoring employee website access?
- Should companies determine “inappropriate sites” – why or why not?
- What sites might companies choose to block and why?
- What rules would you (or your company) consider if an employee has broken the policy of not surfing inappropriate sites?
- What party(ies) should be involved in enforcing the policy and disciplining employees for their inappropriate surfing and why?
Principles of Information Security, Michael E. Whitman and Herbert J. Mattord, Sixth Edition, ISBN 978-1-337-10206-3