1. What does the term anabolism mean? (2 marks).
2. Very briefly outline the role of maltase and lactase in the gastro-intestinal system? (2 marks).
3. What is meant by deglutition? (1 mark).
4. Explain very briefly the relationship between aquaporin and anti-diuretic hormones in regulating blood volume or blood pressure (4 marks).
5. Myoglobin is present in the muscle – true or false? (1 mark).
6. How is the iron-haemoglobin-oxygen axis linked to physical activity and income security – give a short explanation (3 marks).
7. Explain very briefly what an Estimated Average Requirement (EAR) is, and how it can be used? (4 marks).
a. An EAR is a…
b. These values can be used to…..
8. Ferritin is the main storage protein for iron – true or false? (1 mark).
9. What role does phytate play in zinc bioavailability (1 mark).
10. Which type of fatty acid is this
11. Very briefly explain the process leading to the successful absorption of vitamin B12 in the gastro-intestinal system (4 marks).
12. Describe the actions of vitamin C on iron absorption? (3 marks).
13. State the vitamin that has a role in the prevention of scurvy (1 mark).
14. Very briefly explain the role of zinc with reference to wellbeing in human (4 marks).
15. What are the primary components that contribute to an individual’s daily energy expenditure? (3 marks).
16. Define the term pernicious anaemia and which vitamin is deteriorated (3 marks).
17. In adult, it is recommended to consume 20-35% of daily calorie intake from total fat and less than 10% of daily calorie intake from saturated fat – true or false? (1 mark).
18. What is the end product of linoleic fatty acid metabolism in the human body (2 marks).
19. State the two vitamins commonly associated with megaloblastic (large cell) anaemia (2 marks).
20. The BNF recommends the consumption of 1.6L of fluid per day for women – true or false? (1 mark).
21. Explain very briefly the link between hookworm infection and anaemia? (3 marks).
22. Very briefly explain what lipoproteins are and describe their role in the human blood stream (4 marks).
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.