WESTERN CIVILIZATION I FINAL ESSAY ASSIGNMENT
Select one of the movements from the list below and write a 3-5 page essay that includes the following information:
1. Give a general description of the movement.
2. Goals of the movement.
3. Discuss at least 2 people who had an impact on the movement.
4. What were the accomplishments/impacts of the movement?
Topics to Choose From:
1.The Pax Romana
2.The Development of the Greek Polis
5.The Expansion of Islam
6.The Carolingian Empire
7.The Mongol Empire
Writing Guidelines for the Assignment:
1.The essay should be 3-5 word processed, double-spaced pages in 12 point Times New Roman or Ariel font.
2. You must use at least 5 academic sources (your textbook, Spark notes, Prezi, Wikipedia, etc…. can NOT be used as sources). At least one of the sources must be a Primary Source Document. Check here for differences between primary and secondary sources: http://aumnicat.aum.edu/historical-research-primary-vs-secondary-sources
3. You must cite the sources you use in the text of the paper, and you must have a works cited page at the end of your paper that lists your sources alphabetically by last name of the author. For information on in-text citations look here:https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/2/
4. You must cite specific examples to support your arguments.