Answer the following questions (copy and paste them into your document). Answer each question thoroughly but try to use no more than 3-4 sentences if possible (pick your words carefully). Each question is worth 20 points.
1. What is the economic definition of a scarce resource? Describe this concept using an environmental resource (e.g. air, water, trees, forage, fish, etc.). How are prices a helpful indicator of relative scarcity? Does this mean when something doesn’t have a price, it must not be scarce?
2. Explain what is wrong with this sentence, “We should spend whatever it takes to reduce pollution to zero.”
3. What is “derived demand” and how does it relate to the pollution problem? Given the concept of derived demand, who do you think is most responsible for pollution: producers, consumers, or both? Explain your rationale USING ECONOMICS.
4. Suppose a biologist has a choice between implementing two mutually exclusive stream restoration projects and completes a cost-benefit analysis on the alternatives. Assume allbenefits and costs (market and non-market), have been dollar-quantified (and risk/uncertainty eliminated). Project 1 costs $20,000 (construction, materials, labor, etc.) and has a NPV = $12,000. Project 2 costs $10,000 and has a NPV = $-500. The biologist’s supervisor wants to implement Project 2 because it costs less money. Answer the following questions: 1. What is NPV and how does it help us evaluate alternative decisions? 2. Which of the projects should be chosen? Explain your rationale using economics (include tradeoffs and opportunity costs in your discussion).
5. What is an externality? What is the goal of economic policy regarding externalities? Give a real-world example of a negative externality that you have personally experienced as a 3rd party. Was the situation resolved in an economic manner? Why or why not?
The assignment must contain references with corresponding in-text citations in the body of the document in APA style. Single or double-spacing is allowed. Please use an easily readable 12 point font (e.g., Times New Roman, Arial, Verdana). Your name should appear somewhere at the top. You are free to use an APA paper template if you wish, but omit the Abstract and instead of APA headings, copy and paste the questions.
Please no plagiarized work, thank you 🙂
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.