The Legacy of the Vietnam War
All key elements of the assignment are covered in a substantive way within the guidelines of 2,100- to 2,800 words.
Paper describes the polarizing effect of the Vietnam War on America, including the legacies still visible in present-day public opinion, military strategies, and foreign policies.
Refer to a minimum of 6 primary sources to support your conclusions.
Address all of the following issues:
· Nixon’s foreign policy team (Kissinger) and the team’s actions
· Nixon Strategy
· Election of 1972
· Antiwar demonstrations and marches on the White House
· The Silent Majority
· Cambodia “invasion”
· Kent State
· Vietnamization and Laotian incursion
· The My Lai Massacre
· SALT Treaty I
· The diplomatic strategies of the Paris Accord
· Prisoners of War (POWs)
· Vietnam Syndrome
· Specific political and military legacies of the Vietnam War, both in
America and globally
The paper also includes the following:
· A minimum of 3 secondary sources, one of which must be from the course;
An APA formatted Bibliography