Recently there was an article on Chimera research located on the CNN online news site.
Read the article uploaded on the Canvas website for Week 2. Answer the following questions:
(Answers must be at least 2 pages and not exceed 5 pages. Answers must be in APA narrative Tformat-. Cite sources for your answer. They must be cited in APA format in text and in the reference page.
1. Discuss what Chimera Research is.
2. What is the current NIH position concerning this type of research? Is this position apt to change in the future? What are the concerns of the NIH and adversaries of this type of research?
3. How do you feel about Chimera research? Do you feel it should be allowed?
4. It is estimated that 22,000 Americans die each day because there are no donor organs available to help save them from their end-organ disease or health issues. Keeping this in mind, do you think this type of research is a viable solution for the shortage of human donor organs?
5. Search the web and try to locate an organization’s position on this type of research, you may have to search for human embryonic stem cell research, versus Chimera Research because different organizations have probably not published comment on this Research yet. You may look at the American Nurse’s Associations web site or The Michigan Nurse’s Association’s website or the American Medical Association’s website or another Health Care Organization’s website- for their position statements. Discuss the organization of your choice’s position on human embryonic stem cell research.
6. We recently went through an election year, search the Republican and Democrat’s party/ or candidate positions on embryo stem cell research – discuss your findings.
7. Pretend that the person you love most in this world has end-stage renal disease and while receiving hemodialysis currently, their physician has said that they will only at most remain on dialysis for ten years before they will need a kidney transplant and/or die. Have your feelings about whether Chimera research changed considering you hypothetically have a loved one who needs a donor organ that they might not be able to get?
Criteria Ratings Pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeStudent has answered al questions of assignment in a thoughtful way.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSpelling, Grammar and APA format has been used correctly for the assignment
Total Points: 25.0