consider challenges and growth opportunities.
Describe how the principles of child growth and development serve as a foundation for working effectively in guiding and shaping the behaviors of young children.
Identify age-appropriate practices to promote guidance and positive discipline for young children.
Plan and implement strategies and techniques for providing a supporting environment in which children can develop self-control and interact positively with others.
Identify possible program adaptations to provide an appropriate program for all children, regardless of needs and abilities.
Articulate personal values regarding child guidance issues, and use self-reflection to enhance the ability to serve as an effective role model.
1) Save and print the Module 5 Reflection PDF.
2) Create a paper in a Word or text document for your response. Use 12-point Arial or Times New Roman font. Follow APA (6th editon) format for the paper and citations. Use research to support your work.
3) Reflect on your goals for guidance and discipline.
Do you feel clear about what you hope to accomplish?
Think about actual and ongoing challenges you face.
o How do you consider your own possible role as the cause of discipline problems?
o Have you thought about a cause you had not previously considered?
o Have you been trying unsuccessfully to get children to take responsibility for your problem?
o Have you been inadvertently taking responsibility for their problems?
o Have you discovered a need for outside help?
4) Create a title page and references page in APA (6th edition) format.
5) Develop an introduction and conclusion for your paper.
6) Follow the directions to submit your final Word or text document.