Define the following terms:
(c) Life table:
(d) Population density:
2. How would you calculate the population size of a species of plant? How would you calculate the population size of a species of mice?
3. Practice: A biologist originally marked 40 butterflies in a park. Over a period of 30 days, butterfly traps caught 200 butterflies. Of the 200 captured, 8 were found to have tags. Based on this information, what is the estimated population size of the butterflies in the Park?
4. What are the three types of species dispersion pattern? Give an example of each.
5. How do we calculate mortality rate?
6. Survivorship can be calculated using the following formula: proportion of individual cohort that survive to age “x” or (x ÷ by original cohort). The resulting data can be used to make a survivorship curve. Differentiate between the three major types (I, II, III).
1. What is a species life history? What influences it?
2. Describe the energy trade-off in organisms with high fecundity vs. low fecundity.
3. Describe the energy trade-off in organisms with early vs. late reproduction.
4. Describe the general strategies of a semelparous species in terms of fecundity, timing of reproduction, and parental care.
5. Describe the general strategies of an iteroparous species in terms of fecundity, timing of reproduction, and parental care.
6. What is exponential growth? Give an example. How would you identify this type of growth on a graph?
7. What is logistic growth? Give an example. How would you identify this type of growth on a graph?
8. What is carrying capacity?
9. Compare density-dependent growth regulation and density-independent growth regulation, giving examples of each.
10. What factors influence density-dependent growth? What factors influence density-independent growth?
11. Differentiate between a K-selected and an r-selected species based on reproductive strategies, habitat, behavior, and the way they obtain resources and care for their young.
12. Explain how humans have expanded the carrying capacity of their habitat. Is the overall effect to the environment positive or negative?
14. What are the long-term consequences of exponential human population growth? What are possible solutions?
15. Differentiate between a foundation species and a keystone species. Give an example of each.
16. What is an invasive species? Give an example.
17. What is a pioneer species, and under what circumstances are these species important?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.