Using APA style, prepare a 500-600-word synthesis paper following these guidelines.
- First, select a focal point based on the three case studies we have read this semester (From Regional Star to Global Leader, L’Oreal Multiculturalism, and Managing Cross-Cultural Communication).
- Construct a thesis that makes a claim about this focal point.
- Support your thesis with evidence from at least 2 of the 3 sources, integrating their material with your commentary. Avoid too much summary – include only enough to explain your ideas.
- Include the major components of an academic paper, including an introduction (with a thesis statement), a body (with topic sentences for each paragraph), and a conclusion. Paragraphs should be coherent and demonstrate unity.
- Avoid plagiarism by paraphrasing and quoting the sources appropriately with proper APA in-text and reference citations. Remember that a sentence cannot consist of just a direct quotation (use attributive phrases/reporting verbs).
- Drawing from feedback from previous assignments, edit your paper carefully.
Your essay will be graded on the following:
- Essay structure: introduction, body, thesis statement, and conclusion (2 points)
- Paragraph structure: Topic sentences, support, conclusion, coherence, and unity (2 points)
- Evidence of proper integration of relevant sources (2 points)
- Ability to summarize and synthesize sources (2 points)
- Depth and originality of ideas (2 points)
- Appropriate grammar, vocabulary, and mechanics (2 points)
- Use of APA (2 points)