Public Policy and Management
PPD Team Presentation
Public Policy and Management
1. Tutor must thoroughly read the assigned reading on: Shui-Yan Tang and Daniel A. Mazmanian (2010) “Understanding Collaborative Governance from the Structural Choice Politics, IAD, and Transaction Cost Perspectives,” Working Paper, USC Bedrosian Center on Governance, and the Public Enterprise. (Attached to this question).
2. Tutor MUST collectively decide on 5 to 7 key ideas from the reading. Once you have these ideas, you should conduct research on a policy issue or public organization that the ideas from the reading could apply to. Good places to find policy issues are national newspapers (NY Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal etc.) or local newspapers (LA Times, Orange County Register, etc.). Public organizations to consider are: Federal government and agencies, state governments and agencies, county or local governments and agencies, and national or local non-profits.
4. When linking the reading to the specific policy issue or public organization you choose, you should keep the following in mind:
a. What key facets of the policy issues or public organization connect to the reading?
b. How does theory come to life in the policy issues or public organization you have chosen?
c. How can this policy issue or public organization help us learn the 3 to 5 key ideas from the reading you have identified?
d. Are there any gaps, inaccuracies, or other problems you see in the reading? Is this reflected in the real-world context you have chosen to examine?
5. When developing your 5 to 7 key ideas from the reading and how they link to your specific policy issue or public organization, remember to avoid making your presentation a mechanical summary of the reading. The goal of this exercise is to build your critical thinking skills and to develop you understanding of how theory connects to the real world. You should make attempts at novel insights and aim to join theory to practice. You MUST have a 3-10 PowerPoint slides to accompany your presentation.
6. After presenting your 5 to 7 key ideas and how they connect to the policy issue or public organization you have chosen, the team should raise 1 to 2 questions for class discussion. You are encouraged to use creative ways to organize the discussion around your key ideas and related real-world application.
7. Include a related video (3 min or less) from a news organization, think tank, or other credible source that relates to your presentation.
8. The evaluation of presentation will be based on the following criteria:
a. Thoughtfulness: creativity, insights, etc. (the key is to go beyond any mechanical summary) (5 points)
b. Delivery, i.e., whether each team member explain the ideas clearly and effectively; whether presentation guidelines are followed (5 points)
c. Quality of the discussion questions, and whether they trigger fruitful discussion (5 points).
*** Ensure that all work is not plagiarized and meets the standards posed above, otherwise payment will not be remitted***
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.