1. One change in supermarkets in the last few decades is that they now operate their own wholesale operations. They have gotten rid of that middleman but the function of that middleman (wholesaling) still must be undertaken, just now it is within the retailer company. Walmart has followed this strategy successfully for several decades. Under what conditions will this internal operation of wholesaling into the retail operation (a form of vertical integration) be profitable?
2. One result of the COVID pandemic is a new set of rules that have required restaurants in BC to allow more space between tables, so a lower density of seats and tables within the restaurant. Using our farm-retail price model, we can anticipate what will be effect of these new city-wide rules on the prices farmers will be paid for their raw food products that they normally sell to the restaurants. (a) use a diagram to illustrate and explain this side effect of the new COVID rules on farm suppliers. (b) Can you describe a different market situation where the farmer price would not change?
3. You are aware of the three pillars of the milk policy regime in Canada, and how quota levels are determined, given the other two pillars, but what will happen if the demand curve shifts right due to income and population growth, but for some reason the quota levels are not changed? What would you anticipate would happen in this market to result in a return to equilibrium, given no change in the price farmers are paid (P1), the quota level Q1, and the TRQ level which is exogenous in any case.
4. If the current milk pricing policy in Canada keeps the farm price of milk constant in real terms, but the MC over time declines in real terms, due to advances in technology, what will happen over time to the quota level (Q1), given what you know about how quota levels are chosen? If there is no change in demand, what other changes would follow from these declining costs?
5. Price Discrimination: Explain how the following cases involve price discrimination and how the seller attempts to prevent arbitrage of the different prices charged to different groups or persons: (10 pts)
a. Skip The Dishes offers a promotional code that can be used by new customers. Is this price discrimination? How can it prevent arbitrage?
b. A supermarket advertises its weekly sales and includes a coupon that you can clip or scan and show at the store to receive a discount.
c. Raw Milk going into different milk products (or ‘classes’, such as butter vs cheese vs fluid milk) is priced differentially to processors, only based on the product that is being produced, both in Canada and the US.
d. Starbucks has a loyalty scheme where you get a free coffee after you purchase a certain number of coffees, or spend a certain number of dollars.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.