“Reform” Please respond to the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Compare Erasmus and Luther in their attempts to bring about religious reform. Consider the role of the printing press and the actions of German princes in helping Luther to succeed. Next, identify one (1) example of the Protestant Reformation’s impact on visual arts. Pretend you are in a company or some other group in which you feel there is corruption. (Use a real incident if you wish). You have the option of remaining and working for reform from within, or of leaving and hoping to start or land something new. Describe your decision and the “dangers” of that decision, and describe the factors that you had to consider.
- Chapter 17 (pp. 571-3), Erasmus; (pp. 573-7), Reformation and the princes; (pp. 570-1; 579-580), printing press; (pp. 587-591), visual arts; review Week 9 Music Folder
Template for Week 9 Discussion: Please fill in each section with your summary of your research using your own words. Minimum of 150 Words
Hello awesome classmates and Dr. C, here is my main discussion post for Week 9…
Comparing Erasmus and Luther on Reform
- What was Martin Luther’s point of the of the reform? Two reason you agree or disagree with Martin Luther.
- Erasmus view and Two reason you agree or disagree with Erasmus.
Role of the printing press
- Two roles of the printing and why they were important:
Role of The German Princes
- Two roles and why they were important: