1. information: Hidden Figures: The American Dream and Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who helped win the space race by Margot Lee Shetterly.
2. Pages: 4 pages
3. Format for the essay is as follows: typed, Times New Roman font, 12 point font size, double-spaced, with one-inch margins.
4. This assignment must be an original work of the student, with proper citations throughout the text. No internet sources are to be used for this critique. Plagiarism will not be tolerated and is not acceptable.
5. Assignment Purpose: The purpose of a book critique is to have the student recognize the author’s thesis or main intent of writing the book. This thesis is then proven by the author using facts and/or historical accounts to substantiate their reason for producing the work. For more information on the structure required for this book critique, see the Structure of Critique descriptions within these instructions. The submission of the Book Critique will include the following at the top, left hand corner of the first page.
6. Citation in Critique: Throughout the entire critique, each student must use MLA style parenthetical citations when referring to a particular passage in the text. (see sample included with these instructions for use of MLA citations.) Any paper that does not have citations throughout the text will result in a reduced grade.
7. Structure of Critique:
Introduction: Each student will begin their introductory paragraph by describing the main thesis of the book. The thesis is the main argument of the book. This will be followed by three or four key points that explain or substantiate the thesis in detail.
Body: The body of the critique will discuss the key points according to the chronological order of their mention in the opening paragraph. Specifically, each point needs to be discussed in full detail using references from the source to prove the point’s significance to the thesis. The student must express the purpose of the point discussed, the significance the point has to the thesis, and the significance the point has to the entire work. The references used must show evidence that each point supports the thesis of the work.
Conclusion: This section must wrap up the discussion of the three to four main points and restate the thesis mentioned in the introductory paragraph. The student will then discuss how this book enhanced or did not enhance their understanding of the book’s subject matter. This is the only place in the paper where the student is encouraged to express their comments in the first person. It is important for your thoughts of the book to be included in your conclusion.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.