Create a diagram illustrating the process of gas exchange in humans. Describe what occurs during this process.
5. Use this illustration as an aid to help explain how bronchial thermoplasty is used as a treatment for asthma.
6. Draw a sketch of the mammalian circulatory system. Compare and contrast the roles of the pulmonary circuit and the systemic circuit in this system.
7. When blood is spun in a centrifuge, it separates into its component parts. Label each blood component on the diagram shown here. Why does blood always separate in this way?
8. Allison has been feeling especially tired and run down. Her doctor performs a CBC and finds that one of her blood counts is low. Make a prediction about the results of the CBC, the condition Allison may have, and what the doctor’s recommendation will be. Justify your answer.
I predict that the results of the CBC would detect a certain disease or infection that is the reason for her fatigue. Her condition might either be anemia due to a certain iron deficiency or certain vitamins. Her doctor’s recommendation would be like changing her diet and eating certain foods that will help heal the disease or infection. And also her lifestyle activities like doing exercises to make her body active.
9. Compare and contrast the veins present in monocots and eudicots.