2. a) Name two primary sources of population data
b) Explain four reasons that led to rapid population growth in Kenya in the 1980’s
c) State four reasons for increased infertility in Kenyan women today
d) Give measures taken by the government to combat child mortality
3. (a) Distinguish between population distribution and population density
(b) State any three problems associated with high population growth rate in Kenya
4 (a) (i) What is life expectancy?
ii) Give three types of information which can be derived from a population pyramid.
(b) (i) Describe three ways in which population of Sweden differs from that of Kenya.
(ii) Explain four causes of rural-rural migration in Kenya.
(c) Explain three problems which result from the high population growth rates in the East African countries
5. (a) Define the term secondary fertility
(b) (i) Apart from HIV/AIDS give two other causes of mortality in East Africa
(ii) State two ways in which the spread of HIV/AIDS in Kenya may slow down economic development
c) State five problems facing regional trading blocks in Africa
6. a)i) What is dependency ratio?
ii) State three causes of a high dependency ratio in a population
b) i) Explain four factors that have led to the high population density around Lake Victoria
ii) Explain three problems associated with high population growth rate in Kenya
c) Give three reasons for the low birth rate in Sweden
7. a) What is population census b) State three reasons why countries conduct population census
8. (a) Differentiate between immigration and emigration
(b) State three effects of rapid population increase in Kenya
9. (a) Define the term population explosion (b) State three reasons why countries conduct population census. (c) Give two measures the Kenya government has taken to check on high population growth.