1) First read the article on Injury Prevention in the Nursing Profession by clicking on the link below:
Preventing Work Related Injuries of Nurses.pdf (click the preview icon next to the filename to view in this frame, or right click to download and open the file in a new tab).
2) Then address the following questions in your discussion board post:
- Given the publication date of this article and information provided about the average age of nurses, do you think this premise is still valid? Why or why not?
- How do components of the “back school curriculum” described in the article relate to what you have learned about the musculoskeletal system?
- What are some of the benefits of prevention of low back injury in the workplace? What are the cons when injuries occur?
- What role do you think overall fitness level plays in the work capacity of nurses? What are some of the physical demands of the job described in the article?
4) Reply to at least one classmate to share a similar or contrasting point of view.