Gross domestic product (GDP) is defined as the value of final goods and services that are produced in a country’s territories within a certain time period, usually a year.
In your paper,
- Assess GDP’s importance.
- Examine the shortcomings of GDP in measuring a country’s economic health?
- Discuss using GDP to evaluate the business cycle.
- Examine factors that may affect the business cycle.
- Evaluate the health of the current U.S. economy by its GDP, business cycle, and economic growth.
The Measure of Economic Health paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s https://writingcenter.ashford.edu/apa-style
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to https://writingcenter.ashford.edu/apa-formatting-word-2013
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing https://writingcenter.ashford.edu/introductions-conclusions as well as https://writingcenter.ashford.edu/writing-a-thesis
- Must use at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or other credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The https://content.bridgepointeducation.com/curriculum/file/e5359309-7d3c-4a21-a410-44d59303ccef/1/Scholarly%20Peer-Reviewed%20and%20Other%20Credible%20Sources.pdf table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the https://writingcenter.ashford.edu/format-your-reference-list resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.