Why is it important to store multiple types of data in the data warehouse? Give examples of some nonstructured data likely to be found in the data warehouse of a health management organization (HMO).
Explain each of the following means of measuring health or health status.
• Mortality rates. What is the difference among crude, adjusted, and specific rates?
• Life expectancy
• Years of potential life lost (YPLL)
• Disability-adjusted life years (DALYs)
• Health-adjusted life expectancy (HALE)
• Health-related quality of life (HRQOL)
• Health surveys