Classification in Prison
Classification is an important tool in prison facilities throughout the country. In this essay, you will discuss the use of classification in prison facilities in your state. First, identify the purpose of classification in the prison system. Next, using examples found on your state’s corrections website, explain how classification systems are used to place offenders.*
Your completed essay should be 2–3 pages in length with a minimum of two references and APA style.
*Note: Locate the website for your state’s correctional department by conducting a search: “[Your State] Department of Corrections”. Then, search the site or look for a link to inmate classification. If you are unable to find the required information on your own state’s website, please use one of following comprehensive websites to complete this Assignment:
• Source: Virginia Department of Corrections. Retrieved fromhttp://www.vadoc.state.va.us/default.shtm
• Source: Division of Adult Correction. Retrieved fromhttp://www.doc.state.nc.us/
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the Assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
• Include a cover page and references page in 10-12 point font (Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are acceptable)
• Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
• Writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful
• Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
• Appropriate citation style should be followed.